2020-2021 Requests for Applications (RFAs)
Requests For Applications in General Assistance (GA), Housing 4 Texas Heroes (H4TXH), Veterans Mental Health (VMH), and Veterans Treatment Court (VTC) Grants were published August 24, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 5pm Central Time on October 25, 2019.
Veterans County Service Officer Funding is available for General Assistance, Housing 4 Texas Heroes, and Veterans Mental Health applications with the Veterans County Service Officer listed as the project coordinator.
Request for Applications (RFA) Webinar
Staff presents basic information about 2020-2021 Fund for Veterans’ Assistance grants, and highlights changes from previous years’ RFAs (including the new web-based application process).
External Grantseeking Resources
- Amarillo Area Foundation Nonprofit Services Center
- OneStar Foundation, Austin
- RGK Center for Philanthropy and Community Service, Austin
- Center for Community-Based & Nonprofit Organizations, Austin
- Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Austin
- GREENLIGHTS for Nonprofit Success, Austin
- Texas C-BAR, Austin
- Southeast Texas Nonprofit Development Center, Beaumont
- Bush School of Government – Texas A&M University, College Station
- The Center for Nonprofit Management, Dallas
- Educational Consortium for Volunteerism, Denton
- Funding Information Center, Fort Worth
- Executive Service Corps of Houston United Way of Greater Houston – Nonprofit Connection
- A Circle of Ten, Jacksonville
- Volunteer Center of Lubbock Nonprofit Management Center of the Permian Basin, Midland
- San Antonio Area Foundation, San Antonio
- Nonprofit Development Center, Tyler
- Waco Foundation
- Nonprofit Management Center of Wichita Falls
GovGrants Status: Closed For Account Registrations & Application Submission
The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance is no longer accepting applications for 2020-2021 grants.
The application period and application portal closed at 5pm CDT on Friday, October 25, 2019.
Resources For Veterans County Service Officers
Grantwriting for VCSOs Webinar Training
Staff provided Veterans County Service Officers guidance on how to apply for the special VCSO funding set-aside in General Assistance, Housing 4 Texas Heroes, and Veterans Mental Health grant programs administered by the Fund for Veterans’ Assistance.
This new training for 2020-2021 grant funding includes a step-by-step walkthrough on how to find and qualify for the special funding opportunity available ONLY for programs administered by Veterans County Service Officers.
Resources For Awarded Grantees
FVA Grant Rules & Regulations
- Request For Applications
- Program Requirements and Terms & Conditions
- 2019-2020: Click here for Program Requirements and Terms & Conditions for all grants. (Updated May 2019)
- 2019-2020 Expense Supporting Document Policy (SDP)
- Texas Administrative Code, TVC, FVA; Title 40, Part 15, Chapter 460
- Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (e‐CFR) Part 200
- Uniform Grant Management Standards