Request a Letter of Veteran Verification (Texas Senate Bill 938)
1. To start the process, please send one of the following documents:
- Veteran’s DD214, Member 4 or Service 2 copy, showing discharge status
- VA Letter of Service Disability that includes military branch, service years, and discharge status
- NGB22 Texas National Guard
- If you do not have your DD214, you can request one from the National Archives at this link: DD Form 214, Discharge Papers and Separation Documents | National Archives
2. Redact your Date of Birth and SSN. If your name does not match the name on your service document, include an official name change document in the email.
( Ex. Marriage Certificate, Divorce, etc.,)
3. Include full postal street address, city, state, and zip code in the body of the email.
4. Attach the document(s) and send as an attachment via email to VEP@tvc.texas.gov mailbox. Please allow five business days for processing.
*Before submitting documents, please read the Pre-Qualification Guide.