Grants to organizations that address the needs of Texas veterans and their families. Funded services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Limited emergency assistance;
- Family and child services;
- Transportation services;
- Legal services, excluding criminal defense; and
- Employment, training, education, and job placement assistance.
FVA does not grant funds directly to Veterans.
Veterans in need of assistance should visit the Grants Awarded page to find organizations in their area.
Who Can Apply?
- Units of local government;
- IRS Code 501(c)(19) posts or organizations of past or present members of the Armed Forces;
- IRS Code 501(c)(3) private nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas;
- Texas chapters of IRS Code 501(c)(4) Veterans service organizations; or
- Nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas with experience providing services to Veterans.