Organizations: Visit Apply Home for more on how to apply for a Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) grant, including New TVC Grants Portal resources, and more.
This FREE online event covered 2023-24 TVC grant applications, including:
- System access
- Organization registration and profile
- Moderator user role & functions
- Creating and submitting an application
- User guide
- and more!
All organizations interested in 2023-24 Fund for Veterans’ Assistance grants should watch the recording of this webinar, including:
- Organizations that have never applied for a TVC grant
- Organizations that have previously applied but were not awarded a TVC grant
- Organizations that were awarded or renewed for 2022-23
- Organizations that were previously awarded ...
Newest Veteran Nursing Home in Tarrant County. Everyone welcome!
As part of the Fund for Veterans’ Assistance (FVA) application process, you will have to define a veteran. This exercise is a practical one, rather than philosophical.
Requests for Application from the Fund for Veterans’ Assistance all include definitions of surviving spouse and disabled veteran because these terms are set by our governing statutes. But some organizations have a specific population or experience in mind when designing their grant programs, so FVA asks applicants for their own definition of a veteran ...
Q: A new worker is being hired to assist with our grant. Does it matter whether we classify them as an employee or a contractor in our paperwork?
A: Yes: this difference is important, because the documentation of time and effort must match the type of worker hired.
- Document time and effort (i.e. timesheets).
- Document pay to employee (i.e. pay stub).
- If payroll is processed by a third-party accounting service, you must also include proof of payment from your bank to the third party.
- If ...