As a condition of FVA funding, Grantee organizations are required to provide information regarding grant performance along with expense documentation on a regular schedule. The dates for these reports (either due from Grantee, or initiated by Grant Officer) are listed here:
Standard 2019-2020 Grant Reporting Schedule
August 15, 2019
- First Payment Reimbursement Request due
September 15, 2019
- Second Payment Reimbursement Request due
October 15, 2019
- Third Payment Reimbursement Request due
- First Quarterly Progress Report due
November 15, 2019
- Fourth Payment Reimbursement Request due
December 15, 2019
- Fifth Payment Reimbursement Request due
January 15, 2020
- Sixth Payment Reimbursement Request due
- Second Quarterly Progress ...
All Requests for Application (RFAs) from the Fund for Veterans Assistance include a definition of approved budget:
Approved Budget. The budget included in a grant application that corresponds with the amount awarded by the Commission.
Because some grantees propose costs that are unallowable in their initial application, FVA staff must negotiate the Approved Budget. Unallowed costs are removed from the grant in these negotiations.
Therefore, the Approved Budget may not match exactly with the initial budget submitted with your application.
This means the Approved Budget ... Continue Reading
FVA staff will conduct a workshop for newly awarded grantees in the Houston area, introducing them to the policies and procedures used to manage FVA grants. Attendees will learn about how to work with the Grant Officer, how to acknowledge and promote the grant (and why), walk through GovGrants with a Grant Officer, and ask questions of TVC staff.
Open to FVA grantees in the Houston area who were just awarded their first grant, or whose last grant was prior ... Continue Reading
James (Jim) Bracken, Director
James (Jim) Bracken is the Director of the Fund for Veterans’ Assistance (FVA) Department. He retired from the US Marine Corps in 2013, and serves the veteran community through the Military Order of the Purple Heart, Chapter 1919 (Texas Capital Chapter). Jim has both military and state agency experience in operations, strategic planning, training, process improvement, and non-profit organizational management.
Q: What does the Fund for Veterans Assistance expect of me as an applicant or grantee? What is FVA’s responsibility to me?
A: FVA expects applicants and grantees will:
- Know and follow the rules and regulations of the relevant RFA, and of the Texas Veterans Commission:
- Request For Applications
- Program Requirements and Terms & Conditions
- 2018-2019 Grantees: Program Requirements and Terms & Conditions are located in the ...
All Requests for Application (RFAs) from the Fund for Veterans Assistance include a definition of reimbursement grant:
Reimbursement Grant. The Grantee is required to finance its operations with its own working capital. Grant payments will be made to reimburse the Grantee for actual expenditures made supported by adequate documentation.
- 2018-2019 Request for Applications: Section II, “Definitions of Key Terms” All grants.
- 2019-2020 Request for Applications: Section III, “Definitions of Key Terms” All grants.
Featured Photo Background Source: COMSEVENTHFLT, “120304-N-SD300-019.jpg” on Continue Reading