Housing for Texas Heroes grants allow organizations to assist Texas Veterans and their families in obtaining, maintaining, or improving housing. Projects include homeless Veterans support, Veteran homelessness prevention, home modification assistance, and housing assistance for families of Veterans being treated at Texas medical facilities.
Who Can Apply?
- Units of local government;
- IRS Code 501(c)(19) posts or organizations of past or present members of the Armed Forces;
- IRS Code 501(c)(3) private nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas;
- Texas chapters of IRS Code 501(c)(4) Veterans service organizations; or
- Nonprofit organizations authorized to do business in Texas with experience providing services to Veterans.
2019 – 2020 Housing For Texas Heroes (OPEN)
The application period for this grant is now open.
Please visit the TVC GovGrants portal for information and to apply.
|Application Forms / Documents||Download|
|Housing for Texas Heroes Request for Applications|
|FVA Program Requirements – Terms and Conditions|