Q: What does the Fund for Veterans Assistance expect of me as an applicant or grantee? What is FVA’s responsibility to me?
A: FVA expects applicants and grantees will:
- Know and follow the rules and regulations of the relevant RFA, and of the Texas Veterans Commission:
- Request For Applications
- Program Requirements and Terms & Conditions
- UGMS (State of Texas grant management regulations)
- 40 Texas Administrative Code, Part 15, Chapter 460 (TVC FVA governing statute)
- 2 CFR 200 (Federal grant management regulations)
- Know and follow your organization’s Policies and Procedures; and
- Respond promptly to inquiries from FVA staff.
Additionally, Grantees are expected to:
- Fulfill the project expectations assisting Texas Veterans and their families;
- Ensure financial and performance benchmarks are met while assisting Texas Veterans and their families; and
- Know and follow your award’s Project Narrative, Budget, and Budget Narrative.
Applicant and grantee organizations can expect FVA staff will:
- Provide support and excellent customer service to organizations applying for or receiving grant funding;
- Be a resource for information on serving Texas Veterans and their families; and
- Respond promptly to requests submitted in GovGrants, via email, or telephone calls.
Grantees can also expect FVA staff will:
- Be a partner to successfully fulfill the project expectations and assist Texas Veterans.
Featured Photo Background Source: COMSEVENTHFLT, “120304-N-SD300-019.jpg” on Flickr. Creative Commons license, Attribution Required.