2021-2022 Grant Applications Accepted
September 5 @ 8:00 am - November 5 @ 5:00 pm
The Texas Veterans Commission announces September 5, 2020, as its posting and release date of the Fund for Veterans’ Assistance Request for Applications for the 2021-2022 grant cycle. The deadline to submit all applications is November 5, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. (CDST).
Award decisions will be made by the Commission in May 2021.
Applicants are required to complete and submit the application on the TVC GovGrants portal. Paper applications are no longer available, required, or accepted.
- Read the 2021-2022 Request For Applications.
- Email questions about funding opportunities, the application, and the application process to RFAquestions@tvc.texas.gov before October 28, 2020 at 5pm. Staff will answer questions in the FAQ tab of GovGrants on a weekly basis during the open application session.
- Register for a single organization account in the GovGrants portal (if your account is currently active, navigate to the first phase in your main menu). This one account is used for all applications submitted by the organization. Click here for more information on registering in GovGrants.
- Watch the Request For Applications Webinar to learn more about changes to the grant programs for 2021-2022. Register for the Grant Application Webinars at 10AM – Wednesday, September 9th, 10AM – Thursday, September 17th, or 10AM – Thursday, October 8th for more information on filling out the application form.
- Read the GovGrants application instructions for help navigating the GovGrants interface and application.
- Fill out your profile so staff can contact you with news on the application process (please update this contact information yearly, or as grant staff contact information changes)
- Create your application in GovGrants, gather and attach the required authorizations/documents, and complete all the required fields.
- Submit the application in GovGrants before the application deadline. After the deadline has passed, the GovGrants portal will lock down and no longer accept applications. FVA staff is not able to re-open applications for any reason, including computer or technical difficulties.
Please Note: Only applications submitted in GovGrants will be considered for funding. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance no longer accepts paper applications.