The Texas Veterans Commission today is pleased to announce the names of organizations awarded Veterans County Service Officer grants by Commissioners in the 2019-2020 funding cycle.
Awards to the following 3 organizations will cover the grant period July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020. More details on these awards will be released in June:
El Paso County
Harris County Community Services
- 2019-2020 General Assistance Grant Awards Announced
- 2019-2020 Housing For Texas Heroes Grant Awards Announced
- 2019-2020 Veterans Mental Health Grant Awards Announced
- 2019-2020 Veterans Treatment Courts Grant Awards Announced
- 2019-2020 Veterans County Service Officer Grant Awards Announced
Veterans County Service Officer (VCSO) Grants
SB 1679 (85th Legislature) created a 5% set-aside for VCSO applications for FVA grants. This funding is available for General Assistance, Housing for Texas Heroes, and Veterans Mental Health grant applications with the Veteran County Service officer listed as the Project Coordinator.
All VCSO applications for the 2019-2020 grant year were approved for full funding.
Frequently Asked Questions On Award Decisions
Q: My organization’s name is on the list. What’s next?
A: In the next two weeks, GovGrants will send you an official notification by email to the main Point of Contact listed on your application. This email will include more details on your award decision and information on next steps.